Tuesday 22 October 2013

Shelf anyone?

Earlier in the summer I went to a yard sale and found this. 

It sat in my garage with plans on getting it done. 

But like many many "little" projects I simply let it sit off to the side while I worked on bigger things that seemed more important. 
Every now and then I would look over at it and it always seemed to be calling to me, begging me to take a few hours out of my day to pay attention to it and just bring it back to life. 
I finally listened! 
I cleaned it up, sanded it down and brought new life to it. 
 Ok...seriously what is there not to love? 
My hubby came home tonight and saw this sitting in the kitchen...he stopped dead in his tracks and ooo'ed an awwwww'ed about it, exclaiming it's details were just right! 
He is soooooo coming around and I love him dearly for it :)
 Don't you just love how the drawer colours make the whole unit pop without screaming?

 I"m so thrilled with this one.


Now I keep wondering why I left it alone for so long. I need to get more of these little projects out of the way. 

Sharing:
Coastal Charm
The Dedicated House
Domestically Speaking 
Savvy Southern Style
No Minimalist Here 
Miss Mustard Seed  
  

4 comments:

  1. That looks really good, and the different color on the drawers is perfect ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the green drawers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those green drawers caught my attention over at the Wow Us Wednesday Party. Well done makeover!
    Marie@InteriorFrugalista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, the green!! Do you mind sharing what Brand and color green you used? I am a new follower...would love if you would follow back http://churchstreetdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete