Thursday 14 February 2013

Poke ball

I had an old dresser that was falling apart. Seriously it was in such rough shape that it kinda just sat out in the hall because I was afraid that if I moved it, it would fall apart and I wouldn't know how to get it back together.
Finally my wonderful hunk of a man (husband) helped me move it into my workshop and together we pieced it back together. 
This is what it looked like after we made it sturdy again. The legs and top and sides had all come apart. 
Since this wasn't going to be a dresser again really we decided to lay new wood where the top two drawers used to be to make it into an entertainment unit. Then added a bit of trim in order to make the edge softer. 
I didn't post a picture but did mention it on my fb page in case anyone wanted to have it customized. I had a lot of interest! 
So the first person to contact me got it and got to customize it for her son who not only one of the cutest little boys I know...but he's totally obsessed with pokemon. 
At first the mom (who is a friend of mine) tried telling me what she wanted. I was really confused till I looked up a "poke ball" 

THEN I finally understood what she was asking me to do. 
So I came up with this :)
 I ended up touching up the circle and not distressing anything since I wanted clean clear lines.




He's super happy with his new entertainment unit, and it now sits proudly in his room for his TV and vid games to sit on. 
Happy Valentines day Myles :) 

Partying here:
The 36th Avenue 
Shabby Creek Cottage
Beyond the Picket Fence
Miss Mustard Seed 
French Country Cottage 

  
 

2 comments: