Wednesday 14 March 2012

Daycare Organizer!

One of my best friends runs her own daycare. You know, to help make ends meet and be able to stay home and raise her own kids. She works hard in order to do the best for her family. 
BUT...as all you parents know. Being a full time mom, running a day care and running a small business (she also does that and more) doesn't leave a lot of time for organizing. 
Now remember this?

 It's an old dresser I picked up from the lady who has that barn...furniture..you can read about it HERE
So I wanted to do something special to help my friend out. 
And this dresser was begging to be used for something other than sitting in a barn..or for that matter in my workshop. 
It was low enough for her kids...but it only had two drawers. Not completely ideal for a daycare and the space she wanted to use it in. 
She needed something in her entrance way. Something that would help organize all the kids and her stuff, and still look good. 
Then the other day I stopped in at the ReStore. If I don't find things I can use, I often get ideas there. 
Well wouldn't you know it..I found something I could use, I mean something my friend could use. 

 Do you see where I'm going with this? 
I thought you might. 
I married the two pieces. 
She requested Black...so black is what she now has. 
 Amazing what a little bit of paint can do!
 The lettering on the drawers are for her own children.
 I added lettering to the rest of the boxes instead of the expected numbers.
I know the pics are not the best, but it's almost 11 pm and I really wanted to share with you. 
Hope you had a productive Wednesday! 
:) 


Sharing:
Uncommon Designs Online
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Decorating Insanity
The 36th Avenue
Redoux
Stuff and Nonsense
Miss Mustard Seed
Two Sasters

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. That will be prefect for M! Your such a great friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Isn't she fantastic?!? You have no idea how grateful I am for this piece, and for you! Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are to sweet. I hope you enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool - I would love this at my daycare :o)
    I now have a great idea to boot - thanks for sharing!
    I would love if you stopped over to my Creative inspiration linky party (happening NOW) and linked this up! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea!!! I love it. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. How imaginative you are! This is a great marriage of the 2 pieces. I'd love if you'd add it to my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party; there's still time! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!!!! I am sure your friend will really appreciate it! I only have one child but I find it so much easier when everything is organized!! Thanks for sharing over at TwoSasters:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such beautiful storage! Thanks for sharing with us! Hope you will join us again tonight!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete